Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Love Morelli

About a year ago, my other mother Tracey gave me two Janet Evanovich books (#9 and #11). She said that I didn't need to read them in order and that she knew that I would just LOVE them. I thought about reading them, but always seemed to pass over them when selecting something new to read.

Then in July, Stephanie and I were traveling to get the boys from camp, and I noticed that she was reading one of the books and laughing hysterically. The only way I might be able to get her to stop reading the book was to tell her that her boyfriend Daniel Craig was waiting for her to join him in the surf.
On that 4 day vacation, Stephanie read three of the books (at least I think it was three). Come to find out, my mother-in-law Cathy loves the books and had gotten Stephanie started with #1 and #2.

Well, you all know that I can't stand to miss anything. So had to borrow #1 and figure out what all of the hype was about.

Friends - I gotta tell you...these are some great books. I HAVE READ ALL 12 BOOKS IN A LITTLE OVER A MONTH (13 if you count the Christmas one). Now you know they gotta be great for me to be that interested. I asked Jeff today if anyone went hungry while I went on my reading binge! I have laughed and cried with all of the characters. When I grow up I wanna be Grandma Mazur. I wish I had self confidence that Lula has and maybe, just maybe, I might get a lime green spandex mini skirt and wear it around town! I am in love with Morelli and in lust of Ranger and I am sure that I have a little Stephanie Plum in me.

The books are fast pace, easy read, smart books. It's no wonder they have all been on the NYTimes best seller list.

Thank you other mother Tracey, thank you Stephanie and thanks Cathy. All of you brought a little something special into my life.

No comments: