Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fuel for the Carr


I ran out of gas today.
In the pouring rain.
I didn't know the name of the road I was on.
I kinda knew about where I was - kinda.

So I called home.
My mom had a half full gas can.
My Jeff said he would come help me.

While I was waiting, I cried - a lot.
Me and God - we were crying together.

I also sang really loud with the radio.

And then I looked in the rear view mirror and saw my sweet Jeff  pouring in the fuel.

When he was done he tapped on the window and reminded me that he loves me.

So I straightened my face up and drove home.

And I was thankful for that hour in the car.
And I remembered that no matter what, my momma and my Jeff will always take care of me.

And I said a little thank you to God for letting me cry with him today.

The end.



No comments: