Monday, December 1, 2008

The Dryer

A few years ago, JC's cousin had a house fire. As in - the whole house burned to the ground. It was horrible and sad and caused by the dryer. They turned it on and went to bed and it burned the house down. Thankfully, they were able to get out in time and they were safe with their kids.

Well, Saturday night we were home doing home things and our dryer caught on fire. Yep, you read that right...ON FIRE.

For some reason, JC went downstairs to check on the laundry and sure enough, it was on fire. He was able to get the fire out. The dryer is toast and the clothes that were in it are gone but our house is still standing the the kids are all safe.

I had the shaky leg for a few hours afterwards and I am still SO thankful that JC went down to check the laundry when he did. If I start thinking about the 'what if' I start to get pretty upset.

I guess the downside is that we both lost our blue jeans and a few of my favorite t-shirts. The upside is - we are all safe and still have a roof over our heads. If you thought I wore the same clothes all of the time before, well, I will REALLY be doing it now. And if you are free and wanna spend sometime with me at the laundry mat this week, I'll bring a deck of cards and a baby and we'll have a grand time!

Oh am I thankful that we are safe.

1 comment:

Heather and Stephen said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I cannot believe it! I'm so glad all is well. That is scary, and I can't count how many times I've turned on the dryer and gone to bed or worse, left the house!