Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mayomayomayomayo

may o may.
you are about to go away.

we will miss your days full of fun.
you always keep us on the run.

it is shocking how you can drain us dry.
i'm not sure if it is the bank or the exhaustion that make me wanna cry.

i know without a doubt that you will be back.
i look forward to the things that you will spit out.

and soon we will take time to reflect and rest.
i can really say today that i might like you best.

(Oh, except for I LOVE June and I'm pretty crazy about the holidays and I think that Jan., Mar., Aug., Sept., and Nov. are REALLY cool too.)

4 comments:

Heather and Stephen said...

too cute. :) I TOTALLY thought this was going to be a post about mayonnaise! June 1! woohoo, when is school out?

Christy said...

I'm trying to read this way too early in the morning. It wasn't until the end that I wasn't still trying to make this about a condiment. it's not you, it's me. I think this bit of poetry is really cute.

Amy J. said...

You're a poet. I didn't know it.

July rocks. Lots of cool J's born in July. I'm just sayin. =)

Antoinette said...

I dig November, January, and February, myself. Among other months. :) Happy end of the school year!