Saturday, January 8, 2011

You Wanna Fight?


Tonight I am full of fret. I have been up for hours. Working, reading, talking, thinking, talking, reading. AISD has a Facilities Task Force that has made a recommendation to close our elementary school. It seems pretty darn serious. Most of the reasons they are citing are the reason we came to the school in the first place. (go figure)

It makes me feel sick.
If you know me, then you know we LOVE our school.
Sometimes I think I spend more time at the school than our kids. (ha.)
We love our principal.
I am having a hard time with the idea of our community being shuffled around.
We love our teachers.
I feel like Jeff and I have spent the last 7 years creatively finding ways to keep our kids in this school.

I have read more reports today than in the last 100 years.
I need friends in high places.

And I also know that no matter the outcome, the sky isn't falling and our kids will still have incredible opportunities to grow and learn.

Our Carr Family goals will still be met. Become kind, honest and productive members of society. (and always come home to momma.)

Even when I am trying to be a wise-acre, I am still feeling sick about the whole dang thing. Grrr...

No comments: