Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Does the Nose Always Know?

Well, I have so so so many things to post. But what has been on my mind this morning is about this nose. All of my friends know that I have always disliked my nose. I call it the witches nose. My friend Sara came up to me out of the blue at the Brownie meeting the other day and said "Kathy Carr - I LOVE YOUR NOSE!" I was just shocked. No one has EVER said that before.

This dislike between me and my nose has gone on for years. I've always kind of thought that I would have something done about it. Who would know and who would care? Maybe it would make me feel better.

But lately I have kind of been on the fence about this nose. I still think it looks like a witches nose. But I also think that some of my kids might have this witches nose. If I have someone make it cute and sweet, what message am I sending to my kids. I have always wanted to feel like I looked like someone (you know the whole adopted thing) and this dumb old nose is my chance. What if I have 'work' done on it and then one of the kids grows up and wonders why I didn't like the way I looked or didn't want to look like them?

I am certainly not opposed to medical alterations, but I just don't know if it is for me...yet. Maybe when I am old the girls and I will go and get matching nose jobs. Ha ha.

1 comment:

Heather and Stephen said...

I love you AND your nose!!