Tuesday, June 12, 2007

So Upset

Oh I am so upset right now. Trying to cook supper and keep it together. Jeff is reading with the kids.

I took the kids to Garrison pool, which we do on a regular basis. Sure enough, a baby was pulled from the pool. We heard the loud whistle. Everyone was evacuated from the pool. We saw them doing chest compressions and the blowing in the mouth. Then they asked everyone to leave the pool area. Sam noticed that they were doing the 1-2-3 clear thing. (I didn't actually see it because I was trying to get our stuff together.) As we were driving away we saw them putting the child on the stretcher. The kids are all upset. I am very upset. Called Jeff and told him he needed to come home from work.

We always watch our kids like hawks when we are in the water. Things like this can happen so easily - no matter what the age or the swimming ability. I'm pretty shaken up tonight. We can never take each other for granted.

I'll keep you posted if we hear what happened.

1 comment:

Heather and Stephen said...

oh no. This gave me chilly bumps. I hope he or she was ok. and I am sure you all hugged a little tighter tonight.