Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The band wagon

working at home in the trashy garage and still smiling

A few months ago, Jeff started working from home while his office was relocating.
Yesterday, he had to report to the new office.
And much to my surprise, I am kinda bummed out.

Initially, I was on the 'get my husband outta this house' band wagon.
But in the last few weeks, I have realized that I really like having him here.

Not that we spent all day together - as a matter of fact, he would go into the garage first thing in the am and I would only see him when he walked into the breakroom (kitchen) to get more coffee.

But he was here.

And we could eat lunch together.
And have alone time.

i forgot that people do this every single day
 
Most of the time I feel like we are two ships passing in the night.
But the last two months we talked more than we have in years.

And it was so nice.

Today when Wyatt and I got home from preschool he walked right into the garage and said 'HI DAD!!!'

He walked into the kitchen with the most pitiful look on his face.

I gotta say, I am right there with him.
Not to mention, we have a commute now.

Wah.

plus side of commute - new places to take pictures




No comments: