Sunday, July 8, 2007

First Day Adventures


Talked to #1 a few times yesterday. They are having a blast. I knew they would - everyone has fun at Grandma's house. Grandma Cathy said that #1 could kind of be the tour guide since he has his best buddy with him. The first places he wanted to show the buddy were the fisherman's wharf and to eat at In-n-Out (which we all know are the best burgers on the planet).
While on the wharf they saw one of the silver guys. Every time we go to San Francisco we see one of these guys. They stand on the street and perform - kinda like a mime type show - they are really cool.

They also saw the bush man. In the picture below, you can see a man kind of behind the tree branches and all of the people are looking at him. He is this guy that sits on the wharf with a few tree limbs. He hides behind them and when people walk by, he jumps out and scares them. He is also a staple on the wharf. It is really funny to see how he freaks people out! (#1 said that he scared both he and his buddy!)

I am doing okay with all of this. I am a little sad and a little worried, but most of all I am truly excited for the incredible opportunity that #1 is having. I am glad that he is getting the chance to see the world and to know that there is more to life than just what is happening in our little life.

I know that this could seem boring to some of you. And you know that I'm not typically the one to go on and on about my kids - but this is just such a huge thing for our family. Stay with me though, you only have 9 more days of this!

No comments: