Monday, January 26, 2009

Unrest in the Forest

Our beloved Zilker Park is under major construction. The city and private donors are spending a gazillion dollars to fix the grass and add new sprinklers.

Everyday I drive through the park at least twice. Everyday I am thankful for the truly beautiful area that we live in. I mean seriously, so so so much green. And the trees, the trees, trees, trees. Everywhere I look are incredible trees.

But lately, I have found myself feeling a bit sad for the trees. No, they are not dying. They are not hurt. And when spring comes around again, they will be in their full glory.

But I feel bad for them because they are being protected by the dead friends. I wonder what it would be like to be a tree and to be protected by your friends that have been cut down.

I am glad that they are taking measures to protect the trees. I understand why they are doing it.

I guess I just think it is a bit ironic. Don't you think? A little too ironic.

1 comment:

Heather and Stephen said...

wow. I got the Rush reference before I even opened the post. and it is ironic. a little too ironic. and yeah, I really do think...