Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Six Degrees of Green

I will be honest, I have been planning this post since the weekend when I came home and was pleasantly surprised by a comment I received from an old friend. I'll admit, I've have been lurking around this person's blog for a while and have even become addicted to the blogs of his better half! So it got me to thinking about this person and wondering how far we go back and in my head, it kind of turn into the six degrees of Green. While I am truly amazed by all of these different connections, I also found myself a little frustrated because it made me realized how much I am forgetting (names, places, etc.). So Greens, feel free to correct me, but I think this is a perfect example of how the Alvin web has been spun!!

Anyhow...here we go...

1. I went to church for many years with Minnie Lea and Doyle (right names?) and even had dinner at their house (grandparents to Green).
2. I was a teacher assistant with the Green mom (Jan?) at the Alvin school by the junior high. (Can't remember the name of that school for the life of me - could be because I was a Manvel Warrior!)
3. Green was a long time roommate with our dear friend Swank on 4th Street. (I think that was the name of the street)
4. My dH employed Green's old friend Meade (sp?) for a short period at the Monkey in San Marcos.
5. My SSM friend (see cast of characters to the side) has a link to the Green blogs and thinks fondly of them both - which is what led me to read their blogs. (**Side Note - SSM friend is also from the BIG A and we also went to church together from the time we were wee little girls! SSM friend is also a BFF w/HRLLLB.)
6. In HS, I 'went with' JMac who was good friends with a guy named Chad (also can't remember his last name) and I think he was in the ROCK band with Green.
7. My HRLLLB has maintained a friendship with Green and is often speaking fondly of them and of Alvin days.
8. I think I worked at K-Mart w/Green (but also can't remember that for sure.)

Well anyhow, this might not be very fun for you all to read, but it has sure been fun for me to try and remember. How great it was to grow up in a small town in the 70's.

4 comments:

HeatherRene said...

wow. This was great! The jr high was Alvin jr high or Harby jr high. Harby=haunted druggie school! hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

good job! what is SSM friend? The school by the jr high would be alvin elementary, right? Doyle and Minnie Lee...All the sudden I had flashbacks of going into K-Mart and seeing Greg, white shirt, long hair.

I remember that HJR was supposed to be haunted, how was that since it was brand new?

carrmomma said...

SSM is you silly goose! Super smart mom. Oh and yes, I do think it was Alvin Elementary.

Medium Rare Please: said...

Whoa! You got everything but Mary, which is my mom's name. She's worked at Alvin Primary for as long as I can remember, but I think there was a time when it was Alvin Elementary. If you ever worked at the big K I was there, cause I worked there for seven years. *sniff*
I'm glad to know there's been some lurking going on- I'm working on a new recipe that should be up soon! Tell the hubby I say hi...