Monday, June 23, 2008

June 12

JC is going to Fort Worth to work the Redbull X-Fighter competition. We are lucky enough to get to go along.

Thursday - The kids and I spent all our time at the Fort Worth Stockyards.

Cool kids wear sunglasses (and sunscreen).

Cattle drive through the stockyards. Fort Worth is the only city left in America that still has a daily cattle drive (and in their case, it's twice a day).

JC is always smiling and working hard while we goof off. God Bless him.

These are some of the cowboys and cowgirls that work in the stockyard. We spent a lot of time talking with these folks. I LOVE the fact that they are city employees - their horses and clothes are provided by the city. They get to meet people from all over the world, wear a costume and ride around on a horse all day long. Maybe we need to move to Fort Worth so I can do that job. :)

Last stop before heading to the hotel pool - Fort Worth Water Gardens. A little smaller than I remember from when my cousin Teresa took me there as a kid. Still incredible and our kids really loved it. Thank goodness JC could take us - cause I was pooped!

No comments: