Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Posterboard

Today's savings brought to you by Hobby Lobby. Yep, that's right - Hobby Lobby.

#4 needed a piece of poster board for his 100 days of school project. It frustrates me to by poster board. I know every time we buy it, that at some point it is going to end up in the trash. Even the VERY BEST projects end up in the trash eventually.

This time when we are throwing out the project, I won't cringe as much. Poster board is 30% off at Hobby Lobby this week. That's right - only $.60 per sheet. What a deal. I might even go back tomorrow and buy some more just to have a stock of it. And FYI - it can be as high as $1.39 per sheet when purchasing at HEB or Walgreen's. UGH!

Oh, and another thing about Hobby Lobby music. Did you know that most of the music that is played in the store are traditional hymns from the Baptist Hymnal? Today while shopping I heard 'I Surrender All' and 'Rock of Ages'. They are sneaky though, because it just sounds like elevator music. So I am guessing that the general population doesn't realize they are listening to church hymns.

How 'bout that.

3 comments:

HeatherRene said...

That is really neat about the hymns! I had no idea. and...And FYI - it can be as high as $1.39 per sheet when purchasing at HEB or Walgreen's. UGH!
--yeah, no idea about that either! You should totally stock up!

Anonymous said...

DOGS! Sam needed posterboard last night!

Amy J. said...

Interesting but not surprising about the church hymns. I've always known HL to be a notoriously Christian business (hence, being closed on Sundays), a lot like the Chic-Fil-A people.

Stock up on the poster board for sure!

And, don't you love that I got to use the word "hence"?