Saturday, April 18, 2009

Extreme Soccer 2009 in Pictures


I wish I had taken more pictures of the backyard Extreme Soccer match. I totally missed getting a group shot when #1's friend Uncle P showed up. (Don't ask - that is just what they call him.) I wish I had shots of them all taking turns running and doing belly slides through the mud.


Oh well, we've got the memories. I LOVE that this is another great example of the boys and girls of all ages playing together and it not being weird. I am SO glad that they can still hang together with no freaky-ness.

And for the record, I asked every parent first, provided all the kids with a set of old clothes to wear in the mud and provided showers after all of the fun.

Each team had two boys and one girl. I am not sure if they were counting points based on how many times the ball went into the goal or how many times they were able to fall in the mud when trying to get the ball into the goal.


The best of friends! And YES - girls can do anything that boys can do.


Here comes #3 and her best buddies. They watched through the window for quite a while and then decided to jump right in. They were the last ones in and the first ones out.


I really enjoy watching our kids hang out with this group of friends. They are all great kids with parents that we like a lot. I am always thanking my lucky stars for the really good kids that our kids hang out with.

Sadly, there were a few friends over today that weren't here for last night's festivities. They were BEGGING for a do over. Ummmm...sorry. I'm thinkin' not today.

Ahhhh, life is good.

1 comment:

Heather and Stephen said...

This reminds me of some muddy buddy pictures I love so much. It's like Woodstock...No do overs! ;)